The Chef is responsible for developing and executing culinary solutions to meet customer needs and tastes. Offers a wide variety of culinary solutions to meet customer and client needs and tastes. Oversees and manages culinary operations to meet production, presentation, and service standards. Applies culinary techniques to food preparation and manages the final presentation and service of food.
- Ensure food offerings connect to the Executional Framework. Ensure consistent standards and techniques are applied to the preparation and presentation of food items.
- Responsible for delivering food and labor targets.
- Full compliance with Operational Excellence fundamentals: managing waste, standard menus, recipes and ingredients through managing customer driven menus and labor standards. Understand end to end supply chain and procurement process and systems, ensure only authorized suppliers are used. Full knowledge and implementation of the Food Framework. Estimate accurate food consumption for appropriate requisitions and/or food purchase. Ensure proper equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ensure compliance with occupational and environmental safety polices in all culinary and kitchen operations. Comply with all applicable policies, rules and regulations
- Ensure that Bernwood Catering Standards of Excellence are meet and exceeded in any project big or small for any type of party
- Requires at least 2 years experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience